Reese River Valley Nevada Spring Storm


Over the weekend we went to Reese River Valley exploring and the clouds
were a great mix of fluffy cumulus, pockets of snow, and masses of grey.
Clouds are a challenge for me to paint.  I try to paint too much
rather than remembering to put water on the paper, a bit of paint and
let the paint do the work.  




This painting I tried to capture the rain clouds in their sweeping downward motion
over the mountains and lead your eye through the painting with the swirling rickety 
fence through the desert.


I applied a texture layer on the painting for this puzzle to brighten the colors and give
them more of a misty look. 


As you drive out Highway 50 east you'll see ranches tucked in pockets of trees
along mountain ranges here and there.  They have big barrel shaped mail boxes
at the beginning of their road. I always wonder about them. Why do they need such big mail boxes? How often do they come to town?  What do they do for entertainment in the 21st century?  Is it still like the old westerns where you get together with your neighbors for a barn dance to socialize? 
 I love to romanticize the lifestyle in my imagination.   


On the note of romanticizing this lifestyle, I embellished this ranch painting a bit
by adding more buildings and more color to the landscape. I imagine the cowboys or buckaroos  have recently moved the cattle and to let the pasture 
grow lush for their return.




Comments

Popular Posts