National Plant A Flower Day and Save A Spider Day


This week is National Plant A Flower Day on March 12.
A day to honor all those who spend time in the garden to make the 
world a more beautiful place.


I usually like to take photos of the original artwork that I use to 
design the products in my online shops, but this one is over twenty years
old and nowhere to be found.  I used to draw in colored pencil a lot,
but it took forever and a day for me to get nice saturated colors.
I switched to watercolor.   


Do you save spiders?  I like to.  
National Save A Spider Day is March 14. There isn't
much posted about how this holiday started
but this Smithsonian article is interesting.
It's said spider venom has been used in research for new medicines
and their super-strong webs are useful in designing new technology.
Here's a greeting card to send to a friend who doesn't 
suffer from arachnophobia


I agree with the undercover FBI agent in Fletch Lives 
who tells Fletch, "spiders is good!"
If you're a spider-saver here's a button to let others know


Comments

Popular Posts