Nevada Highway 50 Shoe Tree and Smoky Skies


A Saturday road trip on Highway 50 East and we 
stop to see the shoe tree.  Lots of smoke still in the sky with 
more and more shoes, thankfully.  
We are happy to have a shoe tree here again.  


We stop just past Austin and see a Lincoln Highway road marker.
I don't think there are many like this left, but maybe I just haven't found them.


It is a lonely highway and sometimes all there is to take a
photo of is some barbed wire.  
I'm learning to use my new Olympus Pen camera
and figuring out how it focuses has been interesting.


We stopped at a place called Ackerman Springs.
(I didn't see any water but my husband did and these
horses were probably thirsty).
We were sitting on the tailgate having lunch
and mama and her baby ran up and halted quickly
when they saw us.  My camera doesn't have much
of a zoom so I walked toward them as far as was 
comfortable and until she gave me the head nod 
and hoof scraping on the ground that told me I was close enough.
I've only see wild horses this color in remote places.
Very different coloring than those at Silver Springs and along the Truckee River 
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts