Cosmos, Buttons and Zinnia Notecards

I've been drawing my cosmos a lot lately and there are a lot of ladybugs in my garden this year. I don't know if a neighbor bought some or I just have a lot of bugs for them to eat, but I like having them here. They are such a happy bug. I also found some other things to draw that my husband has found. Some old buttons, the back of a military button and a little key - maybe to a jewelry box or something like that. I like to imagine what it was used for and who had it. Did a young child have a special little box they put things in and what was in there?



This is a watercolor painting I did last year of our zinnias and coreopsis. They were bright and lovely and I hoped to portray that in this notecard for a bright and summery feel. The temperatures are just right, not too hot yet, so being outside is great. Looking forward to taking my kayak out on the lake soon.



Comments

Popular Posts