Pen and Ink Frozen Tomatoes and Pumpkins


This is a patio tomato I planted in an old rusty bucket we found out in the desert. I had trouble with the tomatoes cracking as they grew larger this summer, which I learned was from too much watering. I would give it an ice cream bucket of water a day thinking it was so hot it needed it. Now I know just a little bit will do. It looks neat now after the frost with long curled leaves and one little greenish brown -olive green maybe - tomato that looks very mushy.

My son worked at a farm this fall where there was a pumpkin patch and after Halloween he brought me home several pumpkins to draw. I placed them here and there in the garden and have been drawing them daily from different perspectives. I really liked them with the frozen stems and tomatoes.

Comments

Popular Posts