Flower Farm Tour and Silversmith Class


Last Friday I was able to do the pick your own event at
 Yellow Petal Flower Farm here in Fallon.  
I chose the early tour because I 
like the light better and it's been triple digits in the evenings here. 


The Queen Anne's Lace was in full bloom with bees
happily tucking themselves into the tiny flower clusters.
I picked several for my bouquet.
A white one I chose has the distinct red spot in the center
from the blood of Queen Anne when she pricked her finger
while tatting, as the legend goes. 
Many more legends and fun folklore can be found


This is the first tansy bush I've seen and it was full 
of these bright white unique round flowers.  
The bees loved it.
And a quail family with about 7-8 adorable chicks
crossed the path where I was standing and 
quickly ran into the bottom of the bush.   

I was inspired to create a fall wedding congratulations card
with some of the flowers I painted.
Click here for Wedding Congratulations card details
  

For Reno Art Town in July I signed up for a metal clay workshop


I've never done anything like this before and had no idea
what to make but ended up with several charms
and a birth flower pendant. They were made with fine silver clay
and we fired them with a handheld torch.
I decided to oxidize the earrings and pendant
and leave the others untouched.
I think of it as my "Outlander style" jewelry.
Reno Public Market is a really fun place to visit.
I didn't know they'd refurbished the mall on the corner
of Virginia and Plumb to make it into this 
modern stylish place with great coffee, music,
unique shops, and more.  
  






 

Comments

Popular Posts