A May Morning in Carson City


 I followed the blue line in Carson City to see the historic houses.
Lots of fragrant flowering trees and busy bees with yellow pollen all over their furry bodies.  The pollen basket on the legs of the bees were big and bright yellow ~  
I didn't know what the yellow bit was on the legs so I looked it up.  
On certain species of bees the pollen basket is on the tibia of the hind legs.  
The bee packs the pollen she gathers into these baskets on the legs.      


This is one of the best flower pots I've ever seen.   


About 10-11 a.m. a couple of deer crossed the road 
about a block from where I was taking photos.
I approached carefully thinking they were going to dart away, but no.  They were used to people, looked right at me, and this one decided to stick his tongue out.  
Actually, I didn't notice this until I got home and looked at the picture.  
They loved feasting on the fresh garden plants with tender new leaves and I didn't bother them a bit.  I saw a few more as I walked along.  All as tame as this group.  
  


D.L. Bliss mansion.  It is a three story, 8,500 sq. ft. mansion with 15 rooms built in 1879.
It is a bed and breakfast and is apparently haunted.  When D.L. Bliss bought the land
it had a cemetery on it and the bodies were exhumed and moved to another cemetery.
Some believe the disturbed people still haunt the grounds.



Walking by an elementary school I saw this shoe decorating a tree.  
The tree is too small for a shoe tree at this point, but I liked the effort and I like shoe trees.
    

Comments

Popular Posts