Autumn Hike, Forest Floor and a Pillow


A few weeks ago we hiked to Marlette Lake.  A hike we try to do every year.   


The leaves were just starting to turn and beautifully free of spots and crinkling.


Remnants from summer camp maybe.  There were a few decorations here and there on some trees along the road up to the lake.    


The hike inspired me to make autumn forest floor theme illustrations.  I wanted to include snails since I don't see them in the desert.  I like their swirls and antennae.      


Golden leaves, pine cones and a variety of mushrooms.  

Here's the the pattern I designed on a pillow.  I included pebbles, lichen, spatter and spots to fill in the background.  

Autumn kitchen towels.  I have a weakness for kitchen towels. I love to collect them and use them for holidays and the changing seasons. 


Comments

Popular Posts