Oyster Shells and the Oregon Coast

 
We took a trip to the Oregon coast last week and visited Brookings, Gold Beach and Bandon.  I was surprised at the huge rocks along the coastline.  We spent some time at Harris Beach and I was able to find a few things to draw.  Compared to some of the northern beaches, these beaches didn't have a lot of shells and such to draw this time.  Wildflowers were in bloom everywhere though ~ bright pink sweet peas everywhere.  I loved it.          

 
We had fog and clouds the whole time we were there, but it was nice and calm and cool at 55.  No wind really.  I was thinking about it and I'd rather have fog and no sun than really strong wind, so I was happy.  

 
I think maybe the gulls like to have their pictures taken.  They seem to be a pretty relaxed bird and do their thing.  A bunch of them were behind this rock bathing and fluttering about in the water.  Fun to watch.   

 
I always like to take photos of the boats when I visit the coast.  Boating and fishing is such a different way of life than what I'm used to and I find it really interesting.  

 
I liked this photo for all the shades of grey in it.

Comments

Popular Posts