Campground and Vegetable Garden Sketches

I was finishing up some drawings last evening and decided to work with my watercolor colored pencils. They've been my favorite this summer to use for a little color with my pen and ink drawings. This was a sketch of a view from our campsite back in June. There is more green than yellow around the trees, but the scan picked up more of the bright yellow.


I pulled a really neat-funny shaped carrot from the garden, added a dragonfly that came by and hung around for a while, some of my ripening cherry tomatoes and a little red petunia from the front yard.



I've had a new crop of poplar trees begin growing in my garden and I wanted to sketch them before I yank them out. They come up easier than my flowers I plant by seed...frustrating :)





Comments

Popular Posts