Kayak Tahoe, Lilac Placemats and Daisies

We spent the day in Lake Tahoe yesterday kayaking, swimming and fresh air. The lake was nice and calm in the morning (my favorite time on the water) and I got more comfortable with the waves in the afternoon. Taking a break I decided to sketch my kayak which was a challenge drawing for me with perspective and angles. My son has a hand carved chess piece he found and I think I will try that for my next challenge drawing.


I made a set of four placemats with some of my Spoonflower fabrics. This one is Blue Lilacs and Columbines and I used some commercial fabrics for the patchwork design.




This is a new card design I've been working on. I like the celery green background with just a touch of white. Pen and ink is my favorite medium so I've been trying to think of different ways to use my ink drawings.




Comments

Popular Posts