Mandalas and Zentangles

In reading the "Auntie Moon" blog this morning I came upon information about mandalas and how they are used for mediation and relaxation. One woman took a mandala to the nursing home with her when she went to visit her mother. She colored the mandala with her mother during the visit and the meditative process of coloring was very calming and relaxing.


I found this to be very similar in drawing zentangles. Drawing lines, making shapes with intersections and swirls. The anticipation of what other new shapes may be formed, whether they are bold and thick or fine and dainty.



A lot of zentangles are left black and white, but I really love color so I add a little here and there. I am going to try some mandalas, maybe try to draw my own to see what I come up with. It is also interesting when the mandala is finished to notice which colors were chosen and then research the meanings of the colors.


Comments

Popular Posts