Acacia Flower Sketch and Flower Meaning


Last weekend I found an old book called "The Illuminated Language of Flowers" by Kate Greenaway which includes over 700 flowers and their meanings along with some of her wonderful illustrations. I was inspired to illustrate some of the flowers myself and research their meanings. From what I could find the acacia flower grows in clusters of lots of small yellow flowers that smell very sweet. It is a flowering tree that grows in warm climates, blooms around Thanksgiving and Christmas in Arizona. In Australia it is also referred to as a "Wattle" in reference to the pliable branches woven into wattle houses and fences. I found five different meanings for this flower. If there are any other facts about this flower I've not found, I would love to know!

Comments

  1. I love knowing the meanings of flowers and herbs. Then when I'm creating a memorial garden for someone I've loved and lost; a friend, a pet. I know what flowers and such to plant in their memory.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts