Rainy Day Apple Hill Photo Walk


Lots of rain last weekend so I was excited to get out in it to practice photographing weather.  We drove to Apple Hill and stopped at Spooner Lake first.  Nice fog and low clouds. I like how rich the colors look in the rain.     


Then we stopped at Zephyr Cove.  MS Dixie and Tahoe Queen are side by side.  I thought they had a nice military look about them from this view. 


I tried to blur some water using a slow shutter speed.  This is a creek that runs into the lake at Zephyr Cove.  I was happy with  how this turned out, I'm starting to get the hang of it. 


Lots of water running in the American River and it's fabulous to see.  I heard lots of happy comments about the rain from people in the shops in Placerville. 


We found some turkeys foraging in one of the orchards.  He wasn't too thrilled about getting his picture taken.  He started to ruffle his feathers and walk away. 


This one was taken in the middle of the week.  We had some nice clouds at sunset so we took a walk along the canal.   

Comments

Popular Posts