Balsam, Bison, Barns Drawings Thirteen Fourteen Fifteen

This is another view of Vesty's Ranch near where I live and like to ride my bike. 
When I took this photo, the alfalfa was in bloom, and it was before
new owners moved in and made changes. 
For the foreground I used masking to preserve some white
spaces for some lighter shades of purple in the flowers.
I like being able to see those tiny purple flowers in the field
of deep green. 
Yellowstone bison.  
I believe most people know to keep their distance . . .
We are visiting their home.
We like to go out to Leadville in the spring around Mother's Day
to see the wildflowers.  Some years there are big fields of balsam. 
 The drive out there is nice and you go right
by the Black Rock Desert area where they hold Burning Man.
I may have mentioned this before, but I'm really impressed
with how immaculate the desert is in that area after all of those
people have been there for that gathering.  
It is pristine.


My original paintings.


I'm making them all the same size
and look forward to reviewing them at the end of the year. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts