Rattlesnake Hill, Grimes Point, Fallon, Nevada


 I hiked Rattlesnake Hill on a Sunday when storm clouds were building.  
I didn't realize how much tufa there was up there.  The area would've been under water
when ancient Lake Lahontan was here.  
Rattlesnake hill is a great place to hike if you're in the area.  Lots of trails. 


This little winter wren type bird kept me company for a few seconds 
as I was going down a hill.  I had to be quick to capture him posing so nicely.
  

On my way around the hill the sun was in the early stages of setting and the clouds had broken up a bit.  I loved the silhouettes of the people by the cross. 


I finished the day at Grimes point, which is another fun place to hike and see the petroglyphs.  Don't miss the two mile in and out hike to the overlook.  It was the first time I'd done it in the time I've lived here and really enjoyed it.  Lots of cold wind but great views of the setting sun.    

Comments

Popular Posts