Seven Troughs, Mazuma, and Flower Bouquets


Exploring the Lovelock area on Veteran's Day.
We spent the day out in the Seven Troughs area and
stopped at Mazuma first - known for the flash
flood in 1912.   
There is still an old safe in the 
washed out area. 
Someone left a dollar inside anchored with a rock.
People leave it there.
But what if it was a larger bill?


Not much to draw at Mazuma other than the landscape.
But we stop at Tunnel so I can get some structure
sketches in. Tunnel also has one of my
favorite cemeteries.  People have decorated 
the crosses with beads, coins, and other things
that glisten and wink in the sunlight.



I'm excited to be offering prints of my
different paintings and sketches.
I've hung out my shingle to do custom
flower bouquets for special occasions. 




I have a variety of prints available and one of my 
favorite collections is the "Cabinet of Curiosities" inspired
by unique things people collected in the 16th-17th centuries.
Sometimes I like to draw weird, odd ball things.



I painted all fifty state birds with the state flowers a 
few years ago and have been offering them as 
greeting cards.  I'm super excited 
to have them available as prints.
Alaska's willow ptarmigan is one of my favorites.
And Alaska definitely on my list of adventures.

 

Comments

Popular Posts