Drawing From the Mind Painting From the Heart


A few years ago I found this great book at a used bookstore.  I've started and stopped the lessons a couple times before now and I'm hoping to finish this time.  
As they say, third time ...  

First lesson is imagination drawings.  Mine weren't that great so I wanted to draw something I was looking at to make myself feel a little better :)   


This was an exercise to classical music and I really got lost in it, time was up before I knew it.  The deep colors were the strongest musical notes.


This was one of my favorite exercises.   I liked the simplicity.


Learning contour edges and overlapping. 


A neat connect the dots exercise with paper bags.  Wasn't easy for me and I was happy with my result.   


The second week was filling in shapes and working with cross hatching.


I bought a fall bouquet and spent the week working on these for fabrics and other designs in my shops. I used mostly cross hatching for them.    



A still life with some favorite objects.  Tried to do cross hatching with watercolor to build up the shapes.  Great book, recommended.

Comments

Popular Posts