Christmas Poinsettia Flowers in Watercolor

I was browsing Zazzle and found some of my favorite watercolor images of Christmas poinsettia flowers. I researched poinsettias, also known as "Christmas Flower".  I found they also bloom in cream, lemon, peach, pink with white and gold splashed leaves.  Native to Central America and southern Mexico and can grow to 16ft.   Recent research has found them not to be poisonous ~ good news!  from Info from The Flower Expert this beautiful mousepad was painted by CS Larson
I really liked the colors used in this poinsettia painting, especially the background.  Beautiful artistry by Lin Frye 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year card designed by Audrey Jeanne with a delicate red watercolor poinsettia.  I like how the card was designed with gold script and two fonts.  Elegant and festive.
 
 
 
I thought this was a nice example of a peach colored poinsettia and a berry colored petal that is a great contrast by Helenas Flower Abode

And some poinsettia postage to match!  Bright red poinsettia accented with green checks.  A nice theme for the holidays.  Clicking on the highlighted links will take to to the lovely items and more flower information from The Flower Expert, enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts